As a parent and homeowner, the direction of our community is very important to me. While I was raised in suburban Chicago, when my wife and I were married and planning a family, in 2000 we purchased our first home in Vienna to be in a small close-knit community. Although for employment reasons, we moved away for a brief sojourn in Shepherd Park, DC we returned to raise our children here in Vienna.
- revisions to the Maple Avenue Commercial Zone code
- consideration of public parking development to support local businesses along Church Street
- improvements to walkability, traffic safety, and prevention of cut-through traffic from the upcoming VDOT I-66 project
- accountability and completion of work to open the Vienna Community Center
- creation of a work plan prioritizing a comprehensive update of the zoning code
- collaboration with neighborhoods and staff to improve subdivision development.
Professionally, I come from a background in transportation engineering and urban planning with a strong dose of public administration thrown in. I have performed engineering and planning projects as small as a transportation impact and safety studies to administering a ~$75M traffic services program for a city transportation department. Our town needs to look at creative ways where Vienna can maintain our place in Northern Virginia and not be overshadowed by transportation, development and economic pressures. Council, commissions, staff, residents and businesses must be proactively engaged in community affairs in northern Virginia rather than simply react to issues as they arise.
Thank you for your consideration of my candidacy and re-electing me to Town Council. I will work collaboratively with residents and businesses to make Vienna better at what it is without fundament-ally changing that sense of community brings people to our town. If you would like additional information that you do not see here, please contact me by e-mail.
©2018 Douglas E. Noble. All Rights Reserved