Committed to enhancing our community by:
- Working collaboratively with residents and businesses to make Vienna better at what it is without fundamentally changing our sense of community
- Emphasizing fiscal responsibility and public administration through the careful use of tax dollars
- Actively listening to our community’s many perspectives while engaging and communicating with residents and businesses on key issues.
- Offering mindful, thoughtful leadership on issues important to the community
- Preserving single family residential neighborhoods
- Providing alternate living spaces for young people and empty nesters along Maple Avenue
- Providing rigorous review of projects submitted under the Maple Avenue Corridor zoning amendments
- Improving business opportunities in commercial areas such as Maple Avenue, Church Street, Cedar Lane, Mill Street and Dominion Road.
- Increasing walking and biking opportunities around Town while maintaining a high level of safety
- Working to creatively offer and/or support a wide variety of community and recreational activities
- Advocating for Vienna’s interests on northern Virginia regional issues
- Improving the professional and technical capacity of Town staff to provide high quality work in the interest of the community.
Town and Community Service
- Council Member, Town of Vienna, 2016 to present
- Vice Mayor, 2018 – present
- Representative to Hunter Mill Land Use Committee
- Representative to Northern Virginia Transportation Authority
- Representative to the Tysons Partnership
- Representative to the Virginia Municipal League Transportation Policy Committee
- Planning Commissioner, Town of Vienna, 2014 to 2016
- Comprehensive Plan Transportation Subcommittee member
- Chair, Maple Avenue Vision Steering Committee, 2012-2014
- James Madison High School Athletic Booster Club, Member
- Historic Vienna, Inc. Member
- Girl Scouts Troop 3938 (Freedom Hill ES), Treasurer 2012-2014
- Alexander R. Shepherd Elementary School PTA, Treasurer, 2008-2009
- Vienna Presbyterian Church, Board of Trustees, 2002-2003
Career and Education
- Senior Director, Management and Operations, Institute of Transportation Engineers
- Chief Traffic Engineer, District Department of Transportation, Washington, DC. 2004-2007.
- Principal Transportation Planning Engineer, Parsons Transportation Group, 1995-2003.
- Member of various technical review panels for the National Cooperative Highway Research Program and committees of the Transportation Research Board.
- Member of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, American Planning Association, and Society of Industrial Archeology as well as several railroad historical societies.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Virginia and holds certificate as Professional Transportation Operations Engineer.
- M.S.E. in Transportation Systems, The University of Texas at Austin.
- B.S.C.E, Purdue University.
©2016 Douglas E. Noble. All Rights Reserved