Committed to enhancing our community by:
- Working collaboratively with residents and businesses to make Vienna better at what it is without fundamentally changing our sense of community
- Emphasizing fiscal responsibility and public administration through the careful use of tax dollars
- Actively listening to our community’s many perspectives while engaging and communicating with residents and businesses on key issues.
- Offering mindful, thoughtful leadership on issues important to the community
- Preserving single family residential neighborhoods
- Providing alternate living spaces for young people and empty-nesters along Maple Avenue
- Providing rigorous review of projects submitted under the Maple Avenue Corridor zoning amendments as well as the new Police Station and other proposed infrastructure improvements.
- Engaging in an on-going discussion about the future vision for the Town from all resident and business perspectives as expressed in update process for the Town Code, Maple Avenue zoning, design guidelines and other studies.
- Improving business opportunities in commercial areas such as Maple Avenue, Church Street, Cedar Lane, Mill Street and Dominion Road.
- Increasing walking and biking opportunities around Town while maintaining a high level of safety
- Working to creatively offer and/or support a wide variety of community and recreational activities
- Advocating for Vienna’s interests on northern Virginia regional issues
- Improving the professional and technical capacity of Town staff to provide high quality work in the interest of the community.
Town and Community Service
- Council Member, Town of Vienna, 2016 to present
- Vice Mayor, 2018 – 2019
- Representative to Hunter Mill Land Use Committee
- Representative to the Tysons Partnership
- Vice Chair and Town Representative to the Virginia Municipal League Transportation Policy Committee
- Planning Commissioner, Town of Vienna, 2014 to 2016
- Comprehensive Plan Transportation Subcommittee member
- Chair, Maple Avenue Vision Steering Committee, 2012-2014
- James Madison High School Athletic Booster Club, Member
- Historic Vienna, Inc. Member
- Girl Scouts Troop 3938 (Freedom Hill ES), Treasurer 2012-2014
- Alexander R. Shepherd Elementary School PTA, Treasurer, 2008-2009
- Vienna Presbyterian Church, Board of Trustees, 2002-2003
Career and Education
- Senior Director, Management and Operations, Institute of Transportation Engineers
- Chief Traffic Engineer, District Department of Transportation, Washington, DC. 2004-2007.
- Principal Transportation Planning Engineer, Parsons Transportation Group, 1995-2003.
- Member of various technical review panels for the National Cooperative Highway Research Program and committees of the Transportation Research Board.
- Member of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, American Planning Association, and Society of Industrial Archeology as well as several railroad historical societies.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Virginia and holds certificate as Professional Transportation Operations Engineer.
- M.S.E. in Transportation Systems, The University of Texas at Austin.
- B.S.C.E, Purdue University.
©2019 Douglas E. Noble. All Rights Reserved